Meet the Staff
The Office of Global Services (OGS) is moving! Starting August 5, 2020, our office will be located on the first floor of the Car Barn in Suite 140. OGS staff members will continue to telework.
International Student & Scholar Services (IS)
International Student & Scholar Services provides immigration and cultural support to F-1 and J-1 students and scholars whose affiliation with Georgetown is the basis for their U.S. immigration status. IS also manages institutional compliance with federal immigration regulations and policies.
Each of Georgetown’s academic units elsewhere in Washington, DC has its own IS Advisor(s).
Immigration advising for Main Campus and Medical Center students and scholars is provided by the IS Advisors below. Please schedule your appointment with any available advisor.
- Appointments are conducted by Zoom.
- Use your Georgetown email address to reserve an appointment.
- Ensure your computer & calendar are set to Eastern Time (ET).
- Reserve multiple slots if you anticipate meeting for more than 20 minutes.
International Student Advisor
– Undergraduates in COL, SFS, MSB and NHS
– MS Data Science and Analytics
– J-1 exchange students
International Student Advisor
– MA degree programs (except SFS)
– McCourt School of Public Policy (MSPP)
– MS degree programs (except MS Data Science and Analytics, Biomedical Graduate Education, MS Mathematics and Statistics)
– School of Medicine
– Post-Baccalaureate Certificate programs
– STEM OPT Extensions (Family name A-O)
Associate Director, International Scholar & Exchange Visitor Services
– J-1 scholars and student interns (Medical Center, Law Center and Main Campus)
– J-1 scholars and students sponsored by non-Georgetown institutions
– H-1B Temporary Workers
– E-3, O-1 and TN Temporary Workers
– Permanent Residency applications
– STEM OPT Extensions (Family name P-Z)
– Biomedical Graduate Education
– SFS graduate programs
– Full-time MBA
– MS in Management (MiM)
– MS Mathematics and Statistics
Associate Director, International Student Services
– Global Executive MBA (GEMBA)
– MA International Business and Policy (IBP)
– Executive Master’s in Clinical Quality, Safety and Leadership (EMCQSL)
– Executive Master’s in Policy Leadership (EMPL)
– Executive Master’s in Leadership in Qatar (EMLQ)
– Executive Master’s in Health Administration (EMHSA)
– SEVIS compliance reporting and data management
– UIS liaison and system maintenance
– New program development
– General office administration
– International Orientation logistics
– International admissions support
Global Program Support Services (GPS)
Global Program Support Services provides support to Georgetown departments for graduate and non-credit international programs and overseas properties. GPS also manages the international travel policy and all Georgetown international agreements.
Associate Director of Global Program Support Services
– Manages the international agreements process
– Global initiatives for GSAS, SCS, and MSB programs, GU-Q and all administrative offices
Maria Elena Hernandez
– Administrative support to OGS and OGE
– Front desk operations
Director, Office of Global Services
– Guidance for Georgetown schools and departments wishing to operate overseas
– Website and office communications
– Global initiatives for SFS and MSPP graduate programs
– International agreements guidance for OGE
– Advises the Global Living Community (GLC)
– Villa Le Balze conferences, non-credit and graduate programming
Assistant Director for International Safety, Security, & Programs
– Guides Georgetown travelers regarding the International Travel Policy
– Global initiatives for Law Center, NHS, and School of Medicine