- Do you plan to organize, or participate in, a structured educational program in Cuba?
- Do you plan to participate in a formal course of study at a Cuban academic institution?
- Do you plan to travel to Cuba to conduct research?
- Do you plan to teach at a Cuban academic institution?
- Do you plan to travel to Cuba to attend an academic meeting, seminar or conference related to Cuba or global issues involving Cuba, or to attend other professional meetings?
- Do you plan to bring a computer or other items with you to Cuba?
If you answered yes to any of these, it is important to understand your rights and obligations under U.S. law and Georgetown University policy.
All Georgetown faculty, staff, and students interested in traveling to Cuba should contact Global Program Support Services and the Office of General Counsel to receive Georgetown-specific information.
See the State Department for an overview of U.S. regulations as related to travel to Cuba.